Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year Greek Style

I have found out the phrase for wishing a Happy New Year in Greek so I am going to share it. Credit goes to "Nancy Gaifyllia - About.com Greek Food Guide" greekfood.guide@about.com which is one of my favorite Internet places to visit and learn a bit about my Greek heritage and recipes.

It is: Kali Hronia me Ygeia, say: kah-LEE hrohn-YAH meh ee-YEE-ah) - which loosely translates into my wish for you: "Have a wonderful year and enjoy it in good health!"

2 comments:

Grsote said...

Hello Ruby!!! I hope all is going well with you. It's been cold, warm, cold again. Good to live in the Chicago area I guess!
-gary

Unknown said...

hey ruby.. whats ur url address so i can add you to my blog page as a follower...i have mary and todd on it..and i need u and im going get raelynns... bonnie...